Here is an exciting overview of our upcoming Chapter events. For the most up-to-date information, check out our website at http://www.psucentre.org or our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/psucen
1. CENTRE COUNTY CHAPTER NOVEMBER HAPPY HOUR - At Duffy’s Tavern, 113 East Main Street, Boalsburg (The Upstairs Room) on Thursday, November 10, 2016, from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm. We are having another Food Drive for the Lion’s Pantry to help hungry Penn State students. We ask that everyone attending bring a non-perishable item from the list on Page 3. Please help our students who are struggling with the high cost of a college education. For the Glory………
Join your fellow alumni for cocktails, good food, and great conversation. Meet new members or bring some new friends along with you to join the Chapter. There is a $5 charge for non-members which is waived if you become a member. Membership forms will be available.
2. PENN STATE FALL TOUR - Interested in a sports weekend? Friday, November 18, Men’s Hockey, Saturday, November 19, Woman’s Volleyball and Sunday November 20, Lady Lion Basketball. All three games for $30. Anyone interested please contact Marti @ firstname.lastname@example.org .
3. CLASSICAL COFFEEHOUSE - featuring Roomful of Teeth at the Hintz Family Alumni Center’s Robb Hall on Wednesday, November 16, 2016 at 8:00 p.m. Free for University Park Students, $5 donation suggested for each community member. The Grammy Award-winning vocal ensemble incorporates elements of Tuvan and Inuit throat singing, yodeling, Korean P’ansori, Persian singing, Hindustani music, and more. Presented by the Center for the Performing Arts at Penn State and Penn State Alumni Association in partnership with the Council of LionHearts and the Blue & White Society. Donations help to sustain the coffeehouse series.
4. A NEW SISTER? - The CCCPSAA Board made a dramatic move at their October meeting to adopt a new sister! A Sister Alumni Association Chapter, that is. And, it is a distant relative. Consistent with a new thrust by the university and by our Alumni Association, Penn State has been encouraging alumni in other countries to join together and form local chapters to foster camaraderie and spread the Penn State spirit. One such effort has been initiated in Kazakhstan. On a recent visit by Vice Provost for Global Programs, Michael Adewumi, accompanied by William Shuey from the GP office, and our own CCCPSAA Board and Alumni Council member, Mike Erdman, the team from Penn State met with over 50 alumni. The culmination was a reception in Astana, the capital. The energy and enthusiasm displayed by the participants was outstanding. “We Are” echoed through the restaurant, causing many patrons to look on in awe. One alumna, Zhailagul Sagyndykova, a law school graduate stationed in Astana, organized the gatherings, and was awarded a Global Ambassador award for her efforts in pulling the alumni together. She is in the process of developing the group so that they can be proposed as an official local chapter of the Alumni Association. As a “Sister” organization, we will work with them to help in this process, and will feed them ideas for activities and events. It will be interesting to share newsletters and track Penn State activities 6000 miles away.
5. RECEIVE ANSWERS TO MEMBERSHIP QUESTIONS - If you or a fellow alumni are not receiving our monthly newsletter and want to check if your membership is paid and up-to-date, you can contact Linda Rohrer at email@example.com with the subject line as “CCCPSAA Membership Status”. Please include your full name and address in the body of the email and Linda will be happy to check for you. You may also phone her at (814) 238-8095. Our membership year runs from July 1st through June 30th. Centre County Chapter membership annual dues remain a reasonable: $20/Individual, $25/Couple. Membership in the Penn State Alumni Association does not include membership in the Centre County Chapter. Individual chapter memberships and PSAA memberships are separate.
6. SAVE THESE DATES
- NOVEMBER CHAPTER HAPPY HOUR @ DUFFY’S TAVERN, 113 East Main Street, Boalsburg, PA 16827. THE UPSTAIRS ROOM.
Date: Thursday, November 10, 2016
Time: 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm (Note New Date and later start time)
- · CLASSICAL COFFEEHOUSE featuring Roomful of Teeth—Hintz Family Alumni Center’s Robb Hall
Date: Wednesday, November 16, 2016
Time: 8:00 p.m.
- PENN STATE FALL TOUR
Dates: November 18, 19, 20
- DECEMBER CHAPTER HOLIDAY HAPPY HOUR @ THE TAVERN
Date: Friday, December 9 , 2016
Time: 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
- KEEP WATCHING FOR OUR CCCPSAA NIGHT AT THE RACES FUND RAISER IN 2017
**Please consider a tax deductible gift to the Centre County Chapter of the Penn State Alumni Association Endowed Scholarship or our Emergency Grant Fund. For information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.**
7. ARE YOU ON FACEBOOK? Become a fan of the Centre County Chapter of the Penn State Alumni Association by Liking us on Facebook? You will find chapter updates, events, and more. Just go to http://www.facebook.com/psu