Dear CCCPSAA Members,
For the most up-to-date information, check out our website at http://www.psucentre.org or our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/psucentre.
1. CENTRE COUNTY CHAPTER APRIL HOUR - Our April Happy Hour is at LOCAL WHISKEY, 107 East Beaver Avenue, State College on Thursday, April 20, 2017 from 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm. Join your fellow alumni for cocktails, good food, and great conversation. Meet new members or bring some new friends along with you to join the Chapter. There is a $5 charge for non-members which is waived if you become a member. Membership forms will be available.
2. IT’S COMING AGAIN – A ‘NIGHT AT THE RACES’ on Saturday, May 20, 2017. Mark your calendars. Tickets to the event go on sale Wednesday, February 15, 2017. Sponsorships are available. Get recognition with your business, organization, or family name on the placemat. For additional information, contact Marti Duffy at email@example.com. Tickets to the ‘Night at the Races’ are on sale for $25.00 which includes dinner, drink and one horse. You must have a ticket to enter the event. You can purchase as many extra horses at $10.00/ea. You do not need to be present to win. Must be 21 years of age to attend or purchase a horse. Tickets can be purchased through one of these chapter members; Alan @ firstname.lastname@example.org , Jack @ email@example.com , Janet @ firstname.lastname@example.org , Dale @ email@example.com , Carol @ firstname.lastname@example.org , and Marti @ email@example.com . Get your tickets today!
3. CENTRE COUNTY CHAPTER’S ANNUAL SOFTBALL TAILGATE – Join your fellow Chapter Members on Sunday, April 2, 2017 at 11:00 am in the parking lot at the Penn State Softball Park Beard Field for some fun before the Penn State vs Indiana Softball game at 1:00 pm. Game tickets are $3.00. Call 1-800-Nittany and ask for Anthony to purchase your tickets. A $5.00 donation per person helps defray the food cost of the tailgate.
4. LAVIE YEARBOOK TREASURE TROVE TO HELP RAISE COMMUNITY FUNDS FOR THE AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF UNIVERSITY WOMEN (AAUW) STATE COLLEGE USED BOOK SALE – Last fall, the Penn State Alumni Association was cleaning house and discovered a few hundred surplus LaVie yearbooks going back as early as the 1890s. They donated them to AAUW State College for their used book sale in the Penn State Snider Ag Arena, University Park. This is one of the largest book sales on the east coast featuring over 250,000 books. Dollars raised at the sale fund programs and scholarships that advance equity for women and girls. AAUW State College is thrilled to be able to share this treasure trove with interested shoppers at their May 13-16 sale. This is an opportunity for our Centre County Chapter members, friends and family to purchase a yearbook as a special gift for a child, parent or grandparent who graduated from Penn State. It could spark so many special memories. There will be a dedicated section for the yearbooks at the sale. The AAUW State College Used Book Sale runs May 13-16, 9 am – 9 pm each day. The group accepts cash or checks, but no credit cards. For sale details, visit http://www.aauwstatecollege.org/booksale.html.
5. TAKE A CHANCE!!!!!!!! – $5.00 Chance for 2 Tickets for the PITT game on September 9, 2017. Raffle Tickets will be available at all chapter happy hours, the ‘Night at the Horse Race’ and the annual picnic. Drawing will be June 4th. All Proceeds will benefit the CCCPSAA Scholarships. Questions contact Marti at firstname.lastname@example.org .
6. CCCPSAA ANNUAL MEETING – The Centre County Chapter annual meeting and picnic will be held on June 4, 2017 at 2:00 pm at the Penn State Blue Course Hawbaker Pavilion. Catering will be by Hog Fathers. Our special guest speaker is Jackie Esposito, Penn State Archivist, speaking about “Dear Old State and It’s Traditions”. The cost is $25 per person with cash bar. Tee times are available starting at 4:00 pm ($35.00 for nine holes and $55.00 for 18 holes). Reservation information will be in the May newsletter.
7. JOIN OUR CENTRE COUNTY CHAPTER IN SUPPORTING THE STATE COLLEGE MINI-THON - Test Drive a new Buick at the Park Forest Middle School, 21890 School Drive, State College, PA on Saturday, April 1st from 8 am to 4pm. $10 will be donated by Buick for each qualifying test drive. The more people who drive the more money will be earned up to $10,000.
8. SAVE THE DATE
- CENTRE COUNTY CHAPTER ANNUAL SOFTBALL TAILGATE
Where: Beard Field Parking Lot
Date: Sunday, April 2, 2017
Time: 11:00 am
- CENTRE COUNTY CHAPTER SUPPORTS mini-THON Drive a Buick
Where: Park Forest Middle School
Date: Saturday, April 1, 2017
Time: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- APRIL CHAPTER HAPPY HOUR @ LOCAL WHISKEY
Where: 107 Beaver Ave., State College
Date: Thursday, April 20, 2017
Time: 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Centre County Chapter ’Night at the Races’ Fund Raiser
Date: Saturday, May 20, 2017
Time: Doors open at 6pm Races begin at 7 pm
- Centre County Chapter Annual Meeting
w/Special guest speaker Jackie Esposito
Where: Blue Course Hawbaker Pavilion
Date: Sunday, June 4, 2017
Time: 2:00 pm
Golf tee times starting at 4:00 pm
Dates: July 21, 24,27,28,31
**Please consider a tax deductible gift to the Centre County Chapter of the Penn State Alumni Association Endowed Scholarship or our Emergency Grant Fund. For information contact us at email@example.com.**
9. RECEIVE ANSWERS TO MEMBERSHIP QUESTIONS - If you or a fellow alumni are not receiving our monthly newsletter and want to check if your membership is paid and up-to-date, you can contact Linda Rohrer at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as “CCCPSAA Membership Status”. Please include your full name and address in the body of the email and Linda will be happy to check for you. You may also phone her at (814) 238-8095. Our membership year runs from July 1st through June 30th. The CCCPSAA membership year expires at the end of June. Dues remain a reasonable: $20/single and $25/couple. New members are always welcome! Membership in the Penn State Alumni Association is not required (but is encouraged) to join the Centre County Chapter. Go to our chapter web page: http://www.psucentre.org, Click on Membership and pay either by Credit Card or download the membership form and return it with a check payable to CCCPSAA, write membership dues in the memo line. Thank-you for your continued support! Membership in the Penn State Alumni Association does not include membership in the Centre County Chapter.
10. ARE YOU ON FACEBOOK? Become a fan of the Centre County Chapter of the Penn State Alumni Association by Liking us on Facebook? You will find chapter updates, events, and more. Just go to https://www.facebook.com/psucentre.