Dear CCCPSAA Members,
To all of our Center County Chapter Members, family, and friends we wish you the best for the Holiday Season! For the most up-to-date information, check out our website at http://www.psucentre.org or our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/psucentre .
1. CENTRE COUNTY CHAPTER FEBRUARY HAPPY HOUR - Our February Happy Hour is at Champs, 1611 North Atherton St, State College on Thursday, February 9, 2017 from 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm. Join your fellow alumni downstairs in our usual location for cocktails, good food, and great conversation. Meet new members or bring some new friends along with you to join the Chapter. There is a $5 charge for non-members which is waived if you become a member. Membership forms will be available.
2. A TOUR WITH YOUR FELLOW CENTRE COUNTY CHAPTER – A tour of the AMERICAN PHILATELIC CENTER, 100 Match Factory Place, Bellefonte, PA on Thursday, February 23, 2017 at 11:00 am. The point of contact for registering for this tour is Alan Jones at email@example.com . Please email him no later than February 16 with your name, number in your party, email address and phone number so that we can provide a count to the center and can contact you of any changes. Tours typically take approximately 1 hour. The American Philatelic Center is in the rear of the matchbox building. Follow the road around to the left when you enter. There is adequate parking there.
3. CLASSICAL COFFEEEHOUSE – At the Hintz Family Alumni Center Robb Hall on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 8:00 pm. Come hear Pianist Wu Han, violinist Philip Setzer, and cellist David Finckel who constitute a world-class trio. Han and Finckel, won the 2012 Musical America’s Musicians of the Year honor, are the artistic directors of The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center. classical music’s first musician-directed Internet-based recording company. And Setzer is a founding member of the Emerson String Quartet, has garnered acclaim in the musical capitals of the world. These extraordinary artists’ love for making music together has been the inspiration for bringing the Ludwig van Beethoven piano trios to audiences around the world. A $5 donation is suggested for each community member. Donations help to sustain the coffeehouse series. Refreshments will be served and each person attending receives a Classical Coffeehouse mug while supplies last. Presented by the Center for Performing Arts at Penn State and the Penn State Alumni Association in partnership with the Council of Lionhearts and the Blue & White Society.
4. IT’S COMING AGAIN – A ‘NIGHT AT THE RACES’ on Saturday, May 20, 2017. Mark your calendars. Tickets to the event go on sale Wednesday, February 15, 2017. Sponsorships are available. Get recognition with your business, organization, or family name on the place mat. For additional information, contact Marti Duffy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. RECEIVE ANSWERS TO MEMBERSHP QUESTIONS - If you or a fellow alumni are not receiving our monthly newsletter and want to check if your membership is paid and up-to-date, you can contact Linda Rohrer at email@example.com with the subject line as “CCCPSAA Membership Status”. Please include your full name and address in the body of the email and Linda will be happy to check for you. You may also phone her at (814) 238-8095. Our membership year runs from July 1st through June 30th. The CCCPSAA membership year expires at the end of June. Dues remain a reasonable: $20/single and $25/couple. New members are always welcome! Membership in the Penn State Alumni Association is not required (but is encouraged) to join the Centre County Chapter. Go to our chapter web page: http://www.psucentre.org, Click on Membership and pay either by Credit Card or download the membership form and return it with a check payable to CCCPSAA, write membership dues in the memo line. Thank-you for your continued support! Membership in the Penn State Alumni Association does not include membership in the Centre County Chapter.
6. SAVE THE DATE
- FEBRUARY CHAPTER HAPPY HOUR @ Champs
Where: 1611 North Atherton , State College
Date: Thursday, February 9, 2017
Time: 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- CENTRE COUNTY Chapter tour of the AMERICAN PHILATELIC CENTER
Where: 100 Match Factory Place, Bellefonte, PA
Date: Thursday, February 23, 2017
Time: 11:00 am
- Centre County Chapter ’Night at the Races’ Fund Raiser
Date: Saturday, May 20, 2017
Time: Doors open at 6 pm Races begin at 7 pm
- Centre County Chapter Annual Meeting
Date: Sunday, June 4, 2017 Watch for details!!
**Please consider a tax deductible gift to the Centre County Chapter of the Penn State Alumni Association Endowed Scholarship or our Emergency Grant Fund. For information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.**
7. ARE YOU ON FACEBOOK? Become a fan of the Centre County Chapter of the Penn State Alumni Association by Liking us on Facebook? You will find chapter updates, events, and more. Just go to https://www.facebook.com/psucentre .